A couple of days ago, we tried re-creating the Matcha Hemp Chia Pudding recipe created for us by Nibs and Greens. Made with Aiya’s cooking grade Matcha, this hemp milk based pudding is solidified by chia seeds and features a smooth Matcha flavor that we just can’t get enough of. Though it mentions hemp milk specifically, this pudding recipe can be made with any type of milk, such as almond or soy. This was actually our first time working with hemp milk, but boy did we love its nutty, creamy flavor! There’s just something about nutty notes that fit Matcha’s mild, sweet notes like the last piece to a complete jigsaw puzzle (see our previous nutty Black Sesame + Matcha cupcake). Another thing we love about this recipe is that it is so simple to make. Though it takes a tiny bit of planning ahead (it has to be refrigerated overnight), just one batch could yield around 2-3 breakfast meals that any health enthusiast (and food lovers altogether) could enjoy throughout the week. Top with your favorites, and it’s good to go! Just one bite of this scrumptious, wholesome treat was all it took to make our stomachs fall in love.
- 1 Tbsp. Aiya cooking grade Matcha
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened hemp milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Toppings: sliced banana, blueberries, almond butter
- Combine everything except the chia seeds in your blender.
- Pour into a large glass container and stir in chia seeds.
- Place the container in your fridge for 8-10 hours to thicken up, stirring once or twice.
- Once the chia pudding has thickened up nicely and is no longer liquid-y, enjoy as is or create your parfaits!
- Parfait assembly: place a layer of chia pudding at the bottom of a glass, top with sliced banana, some blueberries, and spoonful of almond butter. Place another layer of chia pudding on top and top with more banana, blueberries, and almond butter.
- Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert!
- Store in your fridge.