Here’s a quick and easy dessert recipe featuring our favorite ingredient pairings – Matcha and white chocolate. Using only 4 simple ingredients of Matcha, white chocolate, black sesame, and mochi, these little treats can be made anytime- even on your busiest of days. We love using white chocolate as a base with our Matcha desserts, not only because it tastes great, but because it looks great too! With a fun, chewy center and a beautiful green color, these Matcha White Chocolate Mochi Cups could easily become your favorite. So go ahead- make a bunch and share them with friends and loved ones – but don’t forget to keep some in your fridge for a rainy day.
Tips: White chocolate is a delicate ingredient – make sure to microwave the chocolate chips in small increments to prevent them from burning. Using a spice grinder works well when grinding down black sesame seeds, and make sure the mochi you use is soft. We found that using a sweetened dessert mochi works best.
Makes about 8-12 Matcha White Chocolate Mochi Cups
- 6-8 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 2 tsp finely ground black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup diced mochi cubes
- 1/2 tsp finely ground black sesame seeds (for topping)
- Mini cupcake liners (diameter 1.25 in)
- Cut and dice about 1/2 cup of mochi and set aside
- Pour 6-8 oz (appx ½ bag) white chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and then microwave for 30 more seconds. If the chocolate chips are not yet melted, microwave some more in 10 second intervals.
- Sift 1 tsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha over the melted chocolate. Stir until incorporated.
- Stir in 2 tsp of finely ground black sesame seeds until incorporated.
- Using a small teaspoon, spoon the Matcha chocolate mixture into the small cupcake liners until 1/3rd Be careful not to add too much.
- Add in 1-2 pieces of mochi and gently push down the bottom.
- Add more chocolate mixture to the cupcake liner until 2/3rd full.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ground black sesame seeds on top and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake liner and enjoy!